We understand that having a sight and/or hearing loss can make you feel isolated at times. We offer help in a variety of ways to enable you to develop your skills and confidence at home or in the community. Our experienced Support Workers can help you to live as independently as possible.
We can provide:
- Short term support in times of crisis to increase your independence
- Long term support to help you maintain your independence
- A support worker to work alongside a rehabilitation worker to reinforce mobility and daily living skills associated with your sight loss
- Assistance with budgeting and paying bills
- Help with understanding correspondence and filling in forms including benefit applications
Our Support Workers are able to use a range of communication methods including British Sign Language and Deafblind Manual if you are a sign language user or have a combined sight and hearing loss.